[fruityloops] Re: difference b/w f.l. and mpc

  • From: "Raymond Cherry" <filthykarma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 20:10:09 -0400

Ah, here's the list I got on this bandwidth thing . . .

PCI is 133MB/s
USB1.1 is 1.5MB/s
Firewire is 50MB/s
USB2.0 is 60MB/s

Apparently, USB and USB2 are limited to 6 channels only, but PCI and
FireWire are not . . . and bandwidth is not the entire issue here, true . .
. of course, I think most of the naysayers here are talking 16/44.1 . . . I
am not sure if bandwidth comes into play for someone recording 24/96  or
32/96 like myself . . . but I must say I am a bit biased from having to deal
with an M-Audio Quattro for a month . . . piece of crap wouldn't duplex AND
without ASIO drivers, it only works as a 2x2 . . .

I took that thing back on the 30th day of my 30-day return and grabbed a
Delta 44 . . . and a copy of FM . . .

Layyyter . . .