[fruityloops] crackling, popping and general sound distortion

  • From: Tim Jenkins <TimJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:57:03 +0100

Hi all,

I am having real problems lately with popping and crackling noises.
This happens when I get to busy (I think)
Basically when laying down a tune once I start added all affects and using
the event editor its as if its to much for the pc or program to handle.

I even tried exporting the whole drum track and bass track as a wav and then
imported them back with the idea that not as much would be processed at
once. This seem to make no difference???

It's not as though I am running hundreds of samples I am only talking about
10 or so each with say 3 effects on. Surely it should be able to handle
this?

I do hope this is simple to solve as I am starting to get frustrated.
I am just mastering the program and am getting decent loops created but I
can't finish a song ??

Anybody had anything like this before ???

Oh and just in case you need to know I have

0.8GHz processor
20GHz hard drive
128K ram
soundblaster live ( I must get rid of this at some point ?!?! )

Cheers in advance
JimmiJ