[fruityloops] Re: audio engineers using fruityloops

  • From: "Cristoffer Ekstrand" <abrek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 19:08:13 +0200

Well there are alot of goof ot there but I have found
two compressors I like. They do not fit all projects
but they are really good as I like a analog sound.

The first is the freebie endorphine from
http://www.digitalfishphones.com it got great two band
compression and a very clean but still analog sounding
warmth distortion. Its pretty clean as long as you treat
it with respect.

The other is a three band comprssor from discoDSP I
don't remember what they got for website but its
cheap. It's pretty dirty and can do really strange things
with your mix. It only got like three knobs and I think=20
the sound changes strangely abrupt but its a cool plugin.

ultrafunks sonitus eq (I think thats the name) is really
good for almost anything. Very clean, the other two ad
a litle grungieness and warmth that sometimes is wanted
but sometimes not. The fruity comp is more or less the
same as this though. The same coders but there are
more functions to this one.

Dont forget the trick with distorting the mix. First ad
compression and after that ad some kind of limiter like
the flp fast dist used with respect.

And finally don't forget to use eq and your song making
skills to lay out the frequencies so that you dont collide
so you need a lot of compression.

----- Original Message -----=20