[fruityloops] Re: Woohoo!! Just Purchased Fruity Soundfont Player!!

  • From: "AndyEbling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:02:27 +0100

> Yes, I have discovered my new love in computer music . . . soundfonts!

> Anyway, any soundfont advice or tricks will be appreciated.

I've found that some of the soundfonts downloaded off the net don't work
properly with the fruity soundfont player.  I had a chat with gol about this
in the tech support forum and it is a problem with the soundfonts themselves
which are badly programmed... it just so happens that they work by accident
on a soundfont compatible sound card.

Currently I'm trying to figure out a way to edit or create my own
soundfonts.  Normally I would just use vienna sound studio, but
unfortunately this doesn't work with the kx project SBLive drivers.  I've
found a couple of shareware editors that don't require you to have an SBLive
card installed, but you can't hear what you are doing :-(.

As for good places to get soundfonts, I downloaded killer accoustic drum kit
and bass soundfonts from:

http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk

You will really want these if you want an accoustic sound.  There is a piano
soundfont at that address too, but it isn't so good.

hope that helps,

Andy