[fruityloops] Re: Wish list for FL 4.0

  • From: "xk" <xk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:45:22 +0200

> > 5. Folder tracks, like in Cubase SX. The present concept (channel
display
> > filter) is hard to use and counter-intuitive.
>
> I have sometimes thought that it would be good to have another layer in
> the hierachy of patterns and songs.  Perhaps
> patterns->arrangements->songs.  That would mean that you could arrange
> each section of the song once (verse, chorus etc) and arrange them in
> the playlist as we arrange patterns currently.
>
> Of course, its easy for us all to say "I think it would be cool to have
> this feature and that feature".  Much of how possible it would be to
> implement would depend on how fruity works internally.  As a software

I'm also a software developer and I know how hard it can be.
But I wasn't thinking of folder tracks as complex as in Cubase SX.

I would like a lighter version which only has the ability to dock channels
under one parent. That's it. No fancy stuff like in SX. I want it because if
you have songs with 50 channels it's hard to navigate them. It would be nice
to have all the drums under a folder, possibly recursive, like this

DRUMS
  HATS
      open 1
      open 2
      crash
 SNARE & CLAP
      snare 1
      clap

where UPPERCASE is a folder and lowercase is a normal channel. And the
ability to able to mute/solo all children simultaneous and a master pan and
volume don't seem very hard to implement.