[fruityloops] Re: Wah-Wah in FL

  • From: Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:28:17 +0000

"A wah is merely a narrow-band sweepable filter - just tried a little
experiment that seems to work to produce an auto-wah effect based on the
level of the instrument...

1. I set up the plucked! instrument on a channel, and set fx track to track
1
2. In the fx, insert the fruity peak controller and the fruity filter
3.  In the peak controller, set the peak knobs to base: 0%, peak: 90%, peak
tension: 67% (adj to taste), decay: 9 o'clock position. Leave the LFO
alone...
4. In the fruity filter, right click cutoff freq and assign to Peak control
(master) - Peak
5. Ramp up the filter resonance to max and adjust it to taste later.

Now, as you play the plucked! intrument, watch the cutoff freq and peak
move
in time.  There's your autowah!
"

Hi Stuart

As promised here's my reply about this.

I've followed your sugestion and it works OK but didn't explore it very
much 'cause I've downloaded a demo of Amplitube VST. Probably you do know
it......
Anyway, your procedure its very interesting 'cause it allows me to
understand a little bit more about Fruity Peak and Fruity Filter. I still
dont understand the relation between both but I think this is due to a
knowlege lack from myself about the wah-wah effect.

"A wah is merely a narrow-band sweepable filter."

Please, could you explain this better or point some specific tutorial about
it?

Regards

Rui Barata
Parts Quality

Tel. +351 241 899 800  -  Fax. +351 241 899 872
E-mail: rui.barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mitsubishi-trucks-eu.com