[fruityloops] Re: Wah-Wah in FL

  • From: "Stuart Fryett" <Stuart.Fryett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:06:21 -0000

Hi there, this is my first contribution, hope I can help...

A wah is merely a narrow-band sweepable filter - just tried a little
experiment that seems to work to produce an auto-wah effect based on the
level of the instrument...

1. I set up the plucked! instrument on a channel, and set fx track to track
2. In the fx, insert the fruity peak controller and the fruity filter
3.  In the peak controller, set the peak knobs to base: 0%, peak: 90%, peak
tension: 67% (adj to taste), decay: 9 o'clock position. Leave the LFO
4. In the fruity filter, right click cutoff freq and assign to Peak control
(master) - Peak
5. Ramp up the filter resonance to max and adjust it to taste later.

Now, as you play the plucked! intrument, watch the cutoff freq and peak move
in time.  There's your autowah!

Hope this helps,