[fruityloops] Re: Vocal Ambience

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 08 Oct 2002 14:04:58 +0000

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 12:42, March Anthony A1C 22 CS/SCDT wrote:

> Do you know of a way to get that "breathey" & "whispery" effect done to =
> vocals?  I've tried reversing an instance of the vocal, adding reverb =
> and a bit of delay to the instance, and then setting it as the =
> "background" to the original vocal (dropping its volume down as well).  =
> This just sounds like a cluster f#ck.  Maybe I did it wrong.  Can anyone =
> help?

Do you mean the telephone effect?  Effects like this are generally done
using EQ.  Try the fruity Parametric EQ.

If you want the telephone effect, I think there is a preset for this.
Basically you just chop out the low and high frequencies.

If you want the breathey effect try just cutting out all frequencies
below say 1KHz and experiment moving the centre frequency of the
controlling band.

hope that helps,