[fruityloops] Re: VSTi instruments?

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:46:04 -0000

> I've spent the better part of my afternoon trying to get any VSTi plugin
> to work in FruityLoops (particularly Absynth and Synapse Junglist). Up
> to this point, I have:
> 1) completely uninstalled and deleted my previous version of FruityLoops
> and then reinstalled from scratch
> 2) performed clean installs of Absynth and Junglist
> 3) tried copying all the VSTi plugins to the FruityLoops VST plugin
> directory
>
> Sadly, I cannot get a single VSTi plugin to show up in the programs list
> of available plugins. I'd definitely like to get a few of these working
> if possible, as the DX plugins I am currently using are getting old.

Right, first up, where are you trying to install your VSTi plugins?  Most
plugin installers default to c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins.  If you
are using this location, have you added this to fruityloops vst search
folder?

To do this go to:

Options->File Settings

At the bottom of the window is a setting labelled "VST plugins extra search
directory", click on the folder icon and select the location of all your VST
plugins (probably c:\program files\steinberg\vstplugins)

Close the window.

Then go to:

Channels->Add One->More...

Click the "Refresh" button in the bottom right hand corner.

hopefully it should find your VST plugins and show them up in Red in the
list.  Go through the list and click in the check box next to all the
plugins you would like to use in fruityloops (so they have an "F" in them).
close the window.

You should now be able to add your VST plugins by using Channels->Add One.

If this doesn't do it, please can you give us a bit more info as to what
goes wrong where?

thanks,

Andy