[fruityloops] Re: Using orange vocoder with Fruityloops

  • From: - F - <zznarff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:01:45 -0800 (PST)

My copy works fine Andy - Treat it as an FX plugin and put it on vocals, or
instruments - makes for some weird and cool, but sometimes useless effects.
PsiLoCyBe
 Andy Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to use Orange Vocoder together with Fruityloops?
> I could not insert it!
> Every time I try to open it,the following messages appears:
> Can't load a FX into a channel
>
> Thank you
>
> Carlo

A vocoder is a type of effect; it takes one signal and modulates it with
another. A classic example is modulating a String sound with the human
voice, so that the string sound "speaks".

I have never tried the orange vocoder in fruityloops before, but I have a
feeling it may not work as I expect it is a multiple in/out plugin and
fruityloops does not yet support this feature of the VST specification. I
don't know if there are plans to add it in the next version or not, but I
hope so.

Andy