[fruityloops] Re: Using midi controlers with FL

  • From: pompomtom <pompomtom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:02:25 +0000

*Delurk*

I've looked at that DIY site and was quite impressed, but wouldn't know where
to start sourcing components etc, and haven't soldered anything since I was a
kid.

What I'd ask of the original poster is do you have ANYTHING apart from your
keyboard which has MIDI. I use a drum machine for a midi controller. You could
find something like that on the second hand market for less than the price of
a dedicated midi box, which also does something on it's own. Depending on your
PC's midi interface, you could probably pick up a second hand EA1 (for
example) for the price of a box with the same number of knobs, and no synth
inside.

cheers,

pompomtom

"There's an exception to every rule, except for some rules."