[fruityloops] Re: Using midi controlers with FL

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Mar 2003 13:25:34 +0000

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 12:29, Bart Burkhardt wrote:
> Check my post (6-3-03) about http://www.ucapps.de
>
> I wanted to discuss the possibilitys of hardware MIDI controller, but i got
> no replies. I think it's a great project, and you certainly have to check
> the site out!. There is even someone who sells the main parts ready made ,
> so you don't have to make the PCB's yourself..

I meant to reply to your post but was rather busy that day and then
forgot :(.

That site has lot of useful information, there is even a link to a
company that will make and paint custom from panels for you (they even
provide the CAD software to use).

> I use link to a controller all the time with my Roland sliders. I have a
> MIDI translator program running that translates SYSEX code to controller
> codes wich Fruity understands. And it's just so cool to use these sliders
> and buttons.
>
> I have some problems though;
>
> - everytime i make a new song a have to link all the controllers again, that
> a lot of work

There is an easy way around this - make a template empty song with all
the controllers set up and save it in the drumkits folder (fruityloops)
or the templates folder (FLStudio).  If you then select that song from
the file menu, it will automatically load next time you start
fruityloops/FLStudio.

> - if you link a controller within Fruity to an external sliders, you don't
> have the visuals of the slider, you just have to remember wich
> button/sliders is doing what. This is something wich I think could cause
> some confusions.

Yup. A white surface that you can write on with a dry wipe marker should
do the trick there :).

> I would like to discuss further with people on making a true Fruity MIDIbox,
>
> Andy, let me know your ideas man!

Well most of my plans/ideas were in the last post - but the coolest idea
is that I want to paint the front panel with the FLStudio logo ;-).

Andy