[fruityloops] Re: Using midi controlers with FL

  • From: "Bart Burkhardt" <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:29:55 +0100

Check my post (6-3-03) about http://www.ucapps.de

I wanted to discuss the possibilitys of hardware MIDI controller, but i got
no replies. I think it's a great project, and you certainly have to check
the site out!. There is even someone who sells the main parts ready made ,
so you don't have to make the PCB's yourself..

I use link to a controller all the time with my Roland sliders. I have a
MIDI translator program running that translates SYSEX code to controller
codes wich Fruity understands. And it's just so cool to use these sliders
and buttons.

I have some problems though;

- everytime i make a new song a have to link all the controllers again, that
a lot of work
- if you link a controller within Fruity to an external sliders, you don't
have the visuals of the slider, you just have to remember wich
button/sliders is doing what. This is something wich I think could cause
some confusions.

I would like to discuss further with people on making a true Fruity MIDIbox,

Andy, let me know your ideas man!

grtx, Bart