[fruityloops] Useful links . (Plug-In Discussion??)

  • From: "Sinatra Y2k" <sinatra_y2k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:47:57 -0800

> check it out...a Sonar tutorial
> http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2228,Lessons--5171605,00.html

Pretty nice ... thanks .. here's some other links to audio-tutorials you may
find useful (EQ, Compression, some stuff more for "recording" proper, but
lots of stuff on effects etc. whatever ..)

Tons of cool junk .. Personally, I think Fruity can be pretty much as
powerful as anything else - once you start getting a handle on stuff like EQ
and compression and spacing your mixes properly.  But this is stuff you'd
have to learn anyways, even if you had Pro-Tools.  Especially now that
Fruity handles plug-ins so well - some wicked effects and soft-synths and it
can sound as pro as anything else.

Anybody have any favourite plug-ins?
I'm loving the Pro-52 soft-synth right now for pretty much all my lead
sounds and pads and adding phatness to bass lines... It is a rich-sounding
piece of software... RCG Pentagon is a wicked synth too for more squelchy,
trancy stuff...

I like the Waves Renaissance series of FX .. The compressors and 'verb is
good and it includes this crazy effect called Enigma that I use all the
time - its a flanger/phaser/soundfukkerupper that is pretty out-there.

If you can get your hands on a copy of T-Racks and/or BBE Sonic Maximizer
you won't regret it (not plug-ins, standalone mastering programs - adds a
professional sparkle to the final mix..