[fruityloops] Re: Transpose function

  • From: Paul McGregor <Paul.McGregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:50:49 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Ebling [mailto:andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 11 2002 12:38
To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [fruityloops] Re: Transpose function

Howsabout open the "channel settings" by clicking on the sample button in
the step sequencer and using the pitch wheel at the top of the "smp" tab.
The number in the box next to the wheel controls how many semitones will be
transposed. Not particularly elegant either but it works.

Hi Carlo

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 12:05, Halowe Halow wrote:

> I would like to do some simple transposition on fruityloops but these
> function is different from the other sequencer softwares.We have Humanize
> and Randomize but what I need is just a simple transposition function.Can
> transpose a pattern up a third or a fifth? How?

I don't know of a dedicated transpose function, but what I would do is
to open the piano roll then Edit->select all (or use Ctrl-A) then drag
all the notes the required number of semi-tones.

Can anyone else think of a more elegant way to do this?  I've wondered
this before myself.

Andy

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient then you must
not copy
it, forward it, use it for any purpose, or disclose it to another person.
Instead please
return it to the sender immediately and copy your communication to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Please then delete your copy from your system.
Please also note that the author of this email is not authorised to conclude
any
contract on behalf of the Law Society by email. Thank you.