[fruityloops] Re: The price of music?

  • From: Tim Jenkins <TimJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 08:52:37 +0100

Although I have no experience with making money from music I do the
costing's for manufactured products. The only way I can see you quoting =
is
per the hour. We take a standard rate of =A335 per hour for all =
manufactured
parts and maybe that's where you could start. This is how all companies
quote when a job has no definite time scale (Garages, builders, =
sparkies
ect...) =20

Try estimating how long each piece will take and just quote a per hour =
rate.
You could then give a rough end figure which is not rigid. That=92s =
what I
would do. This way if you produce something and they want it tweaked =
you are
still charging them for your time. If you quote an end figure it may =
end up
taking ages and you will be out of pocket.=20

Just my two pennies worth, hope it helps and congratulations on your =
first
step to being a professional musician !!!!

TJ=20
=20