[fruityloops] Re: Soundfont player

  • From: "xk" <xk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:09:55 +0200

> The purpose of a Virtual SF Player is to use any effect you want and
adjust
> them on the fly (including effects on the send (aux) bus, that send
feature
> is only for fixed effects on the compltetely obsolete HW SF players like
> SBlive or SBAudigy.

They may be obsolete, but at least they play the fonts correctly. Some SF2
have incorrect loops when played through FL SF2 plugin. They work just fine
when played on my SB Live. The quality is the same (at least to my ear) and
you can play 32 polyfonic channels with 5% CPU load in Sonar. A few years
ago (2000) I made some songs 100% using free SF2 and some custom made by
myself (collections of samples from various sources) and the sounded really
good.

I wish the computer would work as fast now and be as responsive when using
VST's...

The problem with SF2 is that you have to load them in an editor to change
something. That's really annoying. And of course, they are sampled and not
generated.