[fruityloops] Re: Nominal Sound Forge Rendering . . .

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 18 Jul 2002 07:21:06 +0100

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 04:07, Raymond Cherry wrote:

> At any rate, what kind of nominal settings do you folks use.  I am thinking
> 32-bit/44.1 kh to Sound Forge, but what the hell is a "hermite curve"

Those various different options affect the final rendering process and
how much CPU power goes into getting it to sound as good as possible.  I
generally stick with linear for a quick/temporary render and use sinc
256??? (the bottom option in the list anyway) for final renders.

Btw. I find that even if I click OK in the render dialog and then click
"background rendering" my computer is unusable whilst the render is in
progress.  To solve this problem (so you can get on with other things
while fruity does its stuff) on win 2k & XP, open the task manager
(right click on empty space on the task bar and select task manager),
click on the "processes" tab, right click on "fruityloops.exe" and
change the process priority to lowest.  You will then be patronised with
an annoying dialog (click yes).  You should now have a usable computer
while fruityloops renders in the background.

> should one Acidize a loop going to SF?

No idea I'm afraid.  Can anyone else shed any light on this?

> I like to trim/crop and process all
> my wavs, and I usually Acidize from there.  Besides, when you Acidize in SF,
> there are beat # options you have to set for Acid, or it won't play
> correctly.

I'll take your word for it, I've never used acid before...