[fruityloops] Re: MIDI keyboards in Fruity

  • From: "AndyEbling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 06:16:23 +0100

> How do I record midi directly into FL with my keyboard in real-time
> using the step sequencer or piano roll. U know, so my grooves have that
> 'human' feel?

Are you starting with a proper MIDI keyboard (and connecting it to your
computer via the joystick connector on the sound card), a keyboard with a
serial PCIF connection (connecting it to a serial port) or a USB keyboard?
If I'm going to explain it in detail, it would help to know which of these
you are starting with.

Have you successfully used the keyboard with other MIDI applications before?
Or are we starting from scratch here?  Do you have the neccessary cables, or
are you asking what you need to go and buy?