[fruityloops] Re: MIDI controler

  • From: "Andrew Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:50:27 -0000

Hi Cedric,

Both the Radiums and the Evolution keyboard you have chosen would be sound
choices.  You should also consider what Edirol has to offer:

I don't think any of these keyboards support aftertouch, which lets you
control how a sound developes after you have pressed a note, by varying the
pressure on the key.

Another option, if the budget can stretch to it, is to get an entry level
synth and use that as a controller keyboard - I use a Korg X5D for that
purpose, although it has no assignable knobs on the front panel.  Assignable
knobs are useful if you'd like to be able to control softsynth etc in real
time, or like to have a more "hands on" approach to creating synth patches.

hope that helps,