[fruityloops] Re: List

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 03 Oct 2002 09:32:49 +0000

Hi JimmiJ,

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 08:07, Tim Jenkins wrote:
> I was playing about with a couple of trax at the weekend and stumbled upon
> the grooves in the samples drop down menu. I think there are about 4 of them
> ( R&B, swing etc...)
>
> Anyway I presume that this gives your trax grove by pushing and pulling
> things out of time slightly.
>
> I am a little confused as to how to use these?
> Do you just drag and drop? (I tried this and couldn't tall any difference)
> Or is there some other method?
> Do you have to assign these to a song or each individual trax or channel

You need to apply a groove to each individual pattern.  This is done by
opening the the pattern in the piano roll, selecting all the notes
(Edit->Select All) then opening the quantise dialog (Edit->Quantise).
Click on the pattern button and select one of the groove templates
(actually score files).  You should then see red vertical lines show up
in the piano roll window, showing where the snap boundaries are. The
notes in the pattern should now be aligned to these boundaries, and
hence have "that groove to them".

(All the above is done from memory, so some of the details may not be
quite right!)

You can make your own groove quantise templates.  I usually do this by
extracting the groove from a drum loop using the beat slicer.  If you
want help on how to do this, just ask.

hope that helps,

Andy

Visit our website at http://tao-group.com/