[fruityloops] Re: Keyboard as Drumcomputer

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 09 Jan 2003 10:44:56 +0000

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 10:23, Nevaeh wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I've a Yamaha Keyboard with MIDI out and it's works fine..I'm just a rookie
> with MIDI lol
>
> I've a question (I know it's possible):
>
> I want to use my pads on my keyboard as a drumcomputer, I mean that 1 pad
>  is
> a kick en 1 pad is a snare by example.
>
> Is that possible with FL??

Yes its possible, provided your keyboard transmits MIDI events when you
hit the pads.  To check this, setup the keyboard, so that you can play
normally (with the piano keys).  Once this is working, hit the drum pads
and see if the MIDI light flashes (on the left of the stop/play/record
buttons) as it does when you press keys on the keyboard.  If the light
flashes, then it will work.

Once you have got this working, try inserting a 3xOSC and see if the
drum pads can be used to play that.

Tell me how you get on with that much and then I figure the rest of it
out ;-).

> I also saw this: http://www.akaipro.com/jp/global/mpd16/mpd16fs.html
>
> what doe ya'll think of this...

Umm... nice!

> **Moderator**:  Enrique, please can you turn of "Quoted Printable" in you
> email program, it puts lots of crud in your messages which I then have to
> edit out by hand - I have better things to do with my day! ;-)

Please do this Enrique!!  If you need help don't be afraid to ask.