[fruityloops] Re: Is demo version able to play imported midi files ?

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 27 May 2002 07:11:06 +0100

> My first question is.. very basic :
> Is the demo version able to open an play a MIDI file ?

I'm going from memory here as I have just arrived at work!
> When I import my MIDI file in FrutyLoops I get a MIDI out channel, but no
> sound.

OK, if you right click on a channel button (the rectangular button next
with the volume/pan controls to the left, and the level indicators and
green selection indicators to the right), and choose "send to piano
roll".  (Alt+p is the keyboard shortcut to do this, but use the up/down
arrow keys to select the channel first).

If there are any notes recorded in that channel, you will see them
mapped out as a series of green bars.

In the piano roll window, there is a small square button in the very top
left of the window.  If you click on this, you get a menu and somewhere
in that menu (think it might be under the File submenu) there is an
option to import a midifile into that track.

> Is it a demo version limitation ?

As far as I know, the only limitation of the demo is that it can't save
.flp files (but you can still render to wav or mp3).

Hope that makes sense.

best regards,