[fruityloops] Re: Importing sound files

  • From: Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:42:36 +0000

"Use a wav editor like cool edit to record the output of the yamaha sound
card whilst playing the note and then import this wav into a sampler
channel in fruity."

In this case will the sound be available in FL instruments' menu, on the
left side?
Or it will be available only to this tune of mine in a specific folder
defined by me?

Rui Barata
Parts Quality

Tel. +351 241 899 800  -  Fax. +351 241 899 872
E-mail: rui.barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mitsubishi-trucks-eu.com

                      Andrew Ebling

                      <andyebling@xxxxxxxxx        To:
fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      uk>                          cc:

                      Sent by:                     Subject:  [fruityloops] Re:
Importing sound files
                      fruityloops-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      26-11-2002 10:48

                      Please respond to

                      fruityloops

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 09:50, Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder if it's possible to import a guitar sound from my Yamaha
soundcard
> in order to create a new sound in FL to be used in one of my tunes.

Use a wav editor like cool edit to record the output of the yamaha sound
card whilst playing the note and then import this wav into a sampler
channel in fruity.

Some sound cards (like the M-Audio Audiophile) make the sound cards
mixer (i.e. what it outputs) available as a separate device so you can
record it digitally.  Other sound cards need the output looped back to
the input physically using a cable, but care must be taken to avoid a
feedback loop.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with your yamaha sound card so I don't know
which approach is needed.

hope that helps,