[fruityloops] Re: Importing sound files

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Nov 2002 10:48:36 +0000

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 09:50, Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I wonder if it's possible to import a guitar sound from my Yamaha soundcard
> in order to create a new sound in FL to be used in one of my tunes.

Use a wav editor like cool edit to record the output of the yamaha sound
card whilst playing the note and then import this wav into a sampler
channel in fruity.

Some sound cards (like the M-Audio Audiophile) make the sound cards
mixer (i.e. what it outputs) available as a separate device so you can
record it digitally.  Other sound cards need the output looped back to
the input physically using a cable, but care must be taken to avoid a
feedback loop.

I'm afraid I am not familiar with your yamaha sound card so I don't know
which approach is needed.

hope that helps,