[fruityloops] Re: Howdy, help with acid

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 22 Jan 2003 15:58:15 +0000

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 15:27, TJ Cinnamon wrote:
> Hello I'm new to the list.  I've been working with fruity for about 2.5 yrs.
>   I'm about ready to start do a live PA.  In order to do that I was
> wondering how to sync FL with Acid not using it as a VSTi because that taxes
> my processor to much.  I've tried setting up a midi timecode in acid but I
> think I did it incorrecly.  Perhaps an internal soft midi-hub? Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not sure about this as I've never tried it before, but some possible
options are:

i) use two separate machines, one running acid the other running fruity

ii) use a MIDI loopback device

Fruity _has_ to be sync master in either of these scenarios

or

iii) wait till FLStudio 4.0 is out and ditch acid ;-).  The Live
performance mode looks incredible.

hope that helps,

Andy