[fruityloops] Re: Hip Hop samples and sounds for the drums

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 13 Aug 2002 12:27:01 +0000

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 11:13, fat rabbit wrote:
> Hey,
> I'm pretty new in fruity and have been experimenting.
> I was wondering, where do you people get your drum samples and other samples
> that you use in your songs as drums, etc.?

First up, I'd advise not using the ones that came with fruity... these
have been well and truly used-to-death now!

I originally started out using the Dance Drums sample CD from the
"Creative Essentials" range by Time & Space (http://www.timespace.com),
which is good for a lot of styles.  You get all the 808/909 etc sounds
plus some more original ones too.

More recently I have switched over to using DrumSynth Live almost 100%
for drums.  This means that I'm now making tracks without any samples at
all, so I have only small flp files to backup and my drum sounds are
more original too.  I also make kicks using Stomper and sometimes layer
these with the fruity kick plugin (don't underestimate the power of this
simple plugin).

Sometimes I use drum loops loaded into the fruity slicer.  I find this
to be a good source of inspiration, as you are guaranteed a set up drum
sounds that are proven to work well together in the style you are aiming

hope that helps,