[fruityloops] Re: GReat KICKS

  • From: c j w <cjw333@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:09:11 -0700 (PDT)

I think the recommendation may have been one letter off.  A search for
BBE Sonic Maximizer should bring you to this page:
http://www.bbesound.com/  and to save you some searching around you can
get the product list here:

http://www.bbesound.com/products/maxim/maxim.asp

They have a Mac VST version and a DirectX version for the PC.  Anyone
know how much the plug-ins run?  How do they compare to the hardware
versions?

 - c

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
http://www.mp3.com/ithz
http://www.mp3.com/sound_hz

out now on electraum 10
http://www.electraum.com/
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--- patrick bachi <bachi_patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks. But What is BBS? Is it a manufacturer such as Hyperprism or a
>
> language/ kind of file? Where can i get the BBS Sonic Maximizer? I
> tried to
> find it, but This BBS thing isn´t clear yet.
>

> >From: AllenSpins@xxxxxxx
> >To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [fruityloops] Re: GReat KICKS
> >Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:51:38 -0400
> >

> >First of all I suggest you put your kick and other drum sounds on
> the same
> >compressor. It may be a got idea to put your snare seperately
> because
> >you're doing more of a rock sound. Secondly, get some rock samples.
> You can
> >find these all over the net, or get a rock sample CD which can run
> about
> >25-45 bucks. Last, but definately not least, get the BBS Sonic
> Maximizer
> >VST plugin for mastering. If you want to get out of the dryness that
> fruity
> >tends to provide I highly recommend getting this tool.
> >
> >If you've got all that working together, then your kick should sound
> fine.
> >Remember try not to single out a sound unless you're specifically
> TRYING to
> >do that. The key is blending everything together in sync and
> harmonically,
> >then you'll see that the kick ends up sounding right no matter what
> you do.
> >
> >So the rundown:
> >1. Compress your beat on one compressor. Give or take the snare.
> >2. Use the right samples (in your case, rock samples)
> >3. Master with the BBS Sonic Maximizer.
> >
> >Hope that helps.
> >
> >-AP

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines