[fruityloops] Re: Fruityloops Forum

  • From: "Gwydion" <gwydion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:47:28 +1100

> The United States...the midwestern US

OK, well you use 60hz mains, so I'd really suspect you're getting an
induction current in that cable.

Obvious questions first;
* Was it running parallel with a mains cable?
* Was it running against a wall (which might means it's running parallel
with internal wiring)

Then again, you said it caused interference on the TV which suggests that
it's sending off RF interference which is even more strange.

Did the TV interference happen as soon as the computer (with the card
installed) was switched on?  What about if the rack part was disconnected
(ie, only the pci card installed)?  Or did it only cause the interference
when you were doing something with it (ie, playing or recording)?

If the former, I'd start to wonder if your computer is properly earthed.
Then again, don't you Americans only use two-prong power points (ie, with no
earth)?  I've never been there but I've seen US mains plugs ...

I'd be really keen to know if the TV interference goes away if the wami box
is disconnected.  Perhaps you can give it a try?