[fruityloops] Re: Fruity Slicer

  • From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:21:55 -0000

The version that comes with fruityloops is only a demo, you need to buy it
as an add on to get the full functionality... still you should be able to
check it out in its basic functionality before you buy.

> How do you use it? I can't seem to slice any loops. I can load the "used
by tunes".

> Is it a beatcreator player only, or a slicer?

No, its definitely a slicer... I use it all the time and not just for drum
loops; for guitar loops, vocals etc.

If you load a slicer (Channels->Add One-> Fruity slicer

Then click on the black area in the channel settings window (that has
"fruity slicer" written in it), a menu appears, at the bottom of which is
"help".  This should open a browser window and give you the run down on all
the buttons.

Unfortunately, the main fruit help file seems to be a bit devoid of answers
for the fruity slicer.

If you click the second button from the left under the black area in channel
settings (picture of a folder with a wav icon next to it), you should be
able to go and open any wav loop and slice it up.  Once you have got that
far it should be fairly self explanatory... but if you get stuck feel free
to come back and ask any questions here.

thanks,