[fruityloops] Re: FX - phaser/flanger + Saving songs

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 09 Dec 2002 15:00:15 +0000

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 14:37, simon.heath wrote:

> Brilliant! Thanks Andy.... I'll tell you what the situation is and hopefully
> you, or anyone else, can help!
>
> I have 2 computers: one I use solely for Fruityloops in my spare room and
> the other for other use. However the other computer has the CD rewriter on
> it and what I want to do is burn .flp compositions to CD. Will I have to
> install FL on that computer also to burn it properly, with FX etc etc?? How
> d I go about doing it? Can I just download the FL I bought online (which I
> still have in my email inbox) onto that computer?

It depends if the two computers are networked or not and whether you
want to create an audio CD of the composition, or just backup the flp.

Assuming they aren't then networked, then the best thing to do is to
save a zipped loop package onto floppy disk and take it to your other
computer.  Install fruity on the second computer (its OK to do this, I
checked in the forums) by running the regcode you got via email, then
use that installation of fruityloops to render to a 44.1khz, 16 bit wav
file, which is what your CD burning application will need to burn an
audio CD.

If you just want to create a backup of the composition, then just burn
the file you copied onto a floppy to CDR - but a word of warning here:
I've been caught out many times in the past with floppy discs corrupting
data - they are not a very reliable medium.  I'd advise attempting to
open the zipped loop package inside winzip (or a similar archiving
application) as this will check the integrity of the file before you
burn it to CD.  Nothing worse than going to your backup in an emergency
to find it got corrupted :-#

If the two machines are networked, then its probably easier to render to
a wav file from the machine in your spare room and copy the CD quality
wav file (or zipped loop package) over the network.

Yet another possibility is to look into getting another CD writer for
your music PC.  They are getting quite cheap these days; saw one in PC
World (i.e. not the cheapest place) for 40GBP, or 50GBP for combined
CDRW/DVD.  Thats probably the best long term solution - it will save you
a lot of time and hassle.