[fruityloops] Re: Drawing automation

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 23 Jan 2003 12:07:42 +0000

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 09:08, Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Is it possible to "draw" or modify an arpegio in a grafic interface, i.e.,
> without using automation I would like to "draw" it like, for ex, when
> defining the velocity in the grafic IDE bellow the Piano Roll view?

Two options:

i) manually automate the various controls of the arpegiator (right
click->edit events), then draw automation

ii) create template score files containing arpegios and use them on your
sequences in the piano roll - similar to the way you use groove
templates to groove quantise a sequence.

What fruity really needs is a more featured arpegiator that can be
controlled by played chords rather than preprogrammed ones.  Fortunately
the rgcaudio Z3ta+ synth has a nice arpegiator but I haven't figured out
a way to get this to output MIDI data that can be fed back into
fruity... in fact I'm not even sure if its possible.  That means I can
only use the nice arpegiator within z3ta+, but fortunately its a nice
synth :).