[fruityloops] Re: Does FL run better on a P4 than on an Athlon XP?

  • From: "AndyEbling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:09:04 +0100

I answered this question on the computer music forum (posted by
"crossfire").  I've copied the answer I gave below:

I have heard arguments for both options, but the case for the athlon seemed
more convincing. Its cheaper for the same raw cpu power too.

See http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q2/020506/index.html for a detailed
comparison of the athlon XP and P4.

PS.  Probably the most important performance metric for fruityloops is
CPU<->Memory bandwidth, so be sure to choose a memory technology that offers
the best throughput (this could in turn dictate your choice of CPU!).
Again, see toms hardware for info on this.