[fruityloops] Re: Direct X plug-ins

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 30 Aug 2002 11:16:26 +0000

On Fri, 2002-08-30 at 08:44, Gwydion Elderwyn wrote:

> > Can i use direct x plugins in fruityloops? How?  Thanks.
>
> Yes.
>
> Install them, then in Fruity go to 'Channels' -> 'Add One' -> then select
> 'more', then select 'Refresh -> Fast Scan'.  You should then see a list.
> New plugins will appear in Red.

Installing a directx or vst/vsti plugin usually involves copying or
unzipping a .dll file to a folder where your audio apps can find it.  It
is a good idea to have one central location where you keep all your
plugins, that way they can be shared by all your audio applications.  I
use c:\program files\steinberd\vstplugins, even though I don't have
cubase installed, as many apps look there by default.

You will need to tell fruity to look in your directory of choice, I
think it is labelled as "extra plugin search directory" or something
similar under one of the options dialogs.

There are two flavours of plugins, instruments (which are added as
channels) and effects (which go in the FX rack).  Use the procedure the
Gwydion described for adding instruments and use a similar procedure in
the Add-> menu in the FX rack.

Gwydion: i'm not deliberately picking holes in your posts today, honest!
;-)

hope that helps.