[fruityloops] Re: Buying fruity online

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 26 Nov 2002 14:47:00 +0000

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 14:26, Tim Jenkins wrote:

>If you buy fruity online you get free upgrades for life
>
> Can this be done from another PC (alternative to the one I will use the
> program on)
>
> If this is so do you need to be online with the PC you will use the program
> with

You can order from any PC you like.  Here is a quick run down of the
order process:

- choose what you want to buy from the fruityloops site

- click to go to the checkout (and get taken off to the secure order
site)

- pay by credit card (or whatever)

- get sent an email acknowledging your order (from the company that
handles the payments)

<some time later, usually with 24 hours>

- get an email with a small attachment from ImageLine (the attachment is
termed a "regcode").

- run the regcode, this gives you access to the parts of the fruityloops
website to download the upgrade patch turns the demo into the registered
version.

- download the patch

- if you want to install fruityloops on another PC, copy both the
regcode and the patch to a floppy disk and take it to the PC with the
fruity demo installed.

- run the patch and then the regcode.

- run fruityloops and check that it is registered OK.

hope that makes sense,

Andy