[fruityloops] Re: An introduction

  • From: Paul McGregor <Paul.McGregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:38:02 -0000

Hi Doug. Regarding the VSTs problem, have you tried "Channels - Add One -
More". Down at the bottom of the list is  a refresh button. Click this and
any new VSTs should be added to the list (in red I think). You'll need to
fill in the tick box of any new VST's that are picked up. The procedure is
similar for adding VST effects as well. In the list of effects you have
available, there should be one in bold called "more". Select that, and at
the bottom, is a "refresh" button. Highlight any red ones that appear. BTW,
Fruity can't tell the difference between a generator and an effect, so if
you try to load an effect in a generator channel you'll get an error message
and vice versa.

Before you do that though, check in "Options - Environment Settings". Here
there should be a tab where you can specify folders which contain your
samples and VSTs. These will then be picked up next time you start Fruity.
You can then preview your samples from the "senseless"  window on the
left(it's also called the sample browser!), and drag & drop them onto the
step sequencer. The sample browser also contains presets for many of the
generators and song automation data.

Sorry if this "help" isn't very helpful, but I'm at work so I'm going by
memory. But as you're a bit of a muso and a computer boffin this should at
least point you in the right direction.

Good luck and have fun.

Mac