[fruityloops] An introduction

  • From: Doug Gough <duggoff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Fruityloops <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 00:07:58 -0800

Hello,

My name is Doug Gough, and I live in Surrey, BC, Canada. I'm a computer
technician at a local private school. I've been a musician for 25 years,
mostly playing electric guitar in garage bands, and bass guitar for my
church's worship band. I went to university in the late 1980s, where I
studied electro-acoustic music and electronic music composition. I stopped
composing for several years, but about 3 years ago, I got a new computer and
started using it for composition. I have been doing mostly strange ambient
stuff since then. I picked up a copy of FruityLoops 3 a couple years ago,
and have used it here and there, but not extensively. I'm hoping to use it
more, but I need help. That's why I'm here :-)I like the flexibility of
Fruity, especially the fact that I can easily add new synths and effects,
and now that it is a VSTi, I can use it inside of Audiomulch, which is very
cool. I have a hard time with the pattern sequencer, and I am totally lost
as to how to make sense of the window on the left. It seems to hold a lot of
everything. The plugin database bears no relationship to the actually
plugins in my vst folder. I think that once I've pressed in and actually
finished a couple tunes, I will understand the workflow better. I'm looking
forward to FLStudio. I'll be asking lot's of questions, but hopefully I can
answer some too. I'm quite knowledgeable about computers in general, and
setting up computers for music composition. Along with Fruity, I use
Audiomulch, Cubase 5, and Reason. I don't have any music available on the
web (yet) but I hope to get to the point where I'm composing and finishing
pieces regularily.

TTYL

Doug Gough