[fruityloops] Re: Accessing soundcard's soundbanks via MIDI Outchannel

  • From: Andrew Ebling <aebling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 08 Jan 2003 09:54:54 +0000

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 09:19, Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I am trying to access my Yamaha's SW1000 XG souncard's soundbanks by means
> of a MIDI Out channel but it seems that this is not an option in the
> available patches.
> I can only access to the standard 127 MIDI patches and nothing else.
> Can anyone help me?

Well you might only get the patch names for the 127 MIDI patches, but
that is just because the midi out plugin does not know the SW1000 patch
list.  All you have to do is look up in your SW1000 manual what the
program and bank names are for a particular patch and set the parameters
in the midi out channel appropriately.

I think there is a way to create a midi out profile for a synth (so all
the patch names are right), but I've not done it before.  Possibly a
question for tech support unless someone else knows how to do this?