[fruityloops] Re: Accessing soundcard's soundbanks via MIDI Out channel

  • From: Rui.Barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:05:51 +0000

Hi

I've checked last night if, by changing the bank and patch n=BAs in the=
 MIDI
Out channel settings, I could have access to the sound banks of my
soundcard (using the n=BAs taken from an Instrument Definition file for=
 some
synth which I cannot remember).
The result was: I still can't access them. I can only use the 127 Gener=
al
MIDI patches.

I've also checked all MIDI configurations in FL and none allows it.

This leads me into another type of problem: communications between FL a=
nd
soundcard. Do you think I will need some "virtual MIDI cable" like MIDI=
 Ox
(I know that its not advisable to use MIDI Yoke)?

By the way, can anyone confirm me how does MIDI Out works in FL? My
interpretation is that the MIDI Out channel send MIDI info into my soun=
card
(or synth), and the soundcard process all the information (including th=
"voice" which I want to come out) and sends it out to FL again but as a=
Audio signal (*.wav).
Is this correct?

Regards

Rui Barata
Parts Quality

Tel. +351 241 899 800  -  Fax. +351 241 899 872
E-mail: rui.barata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mitsubishi-trucks-eu.com
----- Forwarded by Rui Barata/MTELN on 09-01-2003 09:52 -----
                                                                       =
                                       =20
                      Rui.Barata@mitsubishi                            =
                                       =20
                      -trucks.pt                   To:       fruityloop=
s@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                        =20
                      Sent by:                     cc:                 =
                                       =20
                      fruityloops-bounce@fr        Subject:  [fruityloo=
ps] Re: Accessing soundcard's          =20
                      eelists.org                   soundbanks via MIDI=
 Out           channel                 =20
                                                                       =
                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                       =20
                      08-01-2003 11:24                                 =
                                       =20
                      Please respond to                                =
                                       =20
                      fruityloops                                      =
                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                       =20
                                                                       =
                                       =20

"I might write a perl script to do this if I can figure out the
format that fruity MIDI out plugin understands.  I'll let you know if I=

do."

Ok, many thanks!

In the meanwhile I will try to use the info taken from an Inst. Def. fi=
le
for my soundcard just to confirm its dependency (soundcard or soft/hard=

synth).