[fruityloops] Re: 404 Lament Crushes

  • From: "Halowe Halow" <iguanasp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:33:02 -0300

Thank you very much Andy!

You are a great guy!
I have just installed Win 98 se, my system is brand new now.
I will watch for the Asio driver and all others clues you are giving to
me.there are only the AVG antivirus and my Santa Cruz Mixer and no watch! I
went to Msconfig and turned it off.

I will give you a feedback later.

Another question I ask, was concerning the Orange Vocoder, and everything
our friend ask me to do I have already done.

Thank you very much and sorry for my English.

>From: "Andy Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [fruityloops] Re: 404 Lament Crushes
>Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 21:00:55 -0000
>Hi Carlo,
> > I was trying to listen to the Cool Stuff, 404 Lament song wich comes
> > fruityloops and my CPU meter goes beyond 100% and start to crash!
> > Does anyone know if is it a way to optimize my PC so I can listen to it?
> >
> > My PC is:
> >
> > Amd Duron 1.2 Ghz
> > Santa Cruz Audio Card
> > 128 DDR Ram
> > HD Seagate 40Ghz 7200/Rpm
> > OS win98 se
>OK, here is my system, which is on a par with yours:
>Athlon 1.2Ghz (200MHz FSB)
>M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card (using ASIO drivers on 11ms latency
>256MB PC100 RAM
>If I run the same song on my system, I get around 60% CPU usage.  Ok, so I
>have an Athlon, but I don't think it should make _that_ much difference.  I
>doubt memory is an issue: fruityloops shows up as using around 23MB on my
>system when playing that track.
>Does your sound card have ASIO drivers available?  If so are you using
>If so which buffersize are you using?
>Something else you might want to try inside fruityloops is:  Tools->Misc
>Macros->Switch Smart Disable For All Effects
>Turning this on means that all FX do not consume any CPU power when there
>no audio passing through them.  On some tracks this can dramatically reduce
>the amount of CPU power used.
>As far as other things to try...
>i) you could try re-installing windows from scratch and only re-installing
>the bare minimum of applications.  When I was running win98, I used to
>re-install every three months.  I found I had to do this in order to get
>consistently good performance out of my PC.
>ii) try a package called 98lite, (just stick that into a search engine to
>turn up the homepage) it is a shareware package that enable you to strip
>the rubbish out of 98.  There is a version coming out for W2K and XP soon I
>iii) remove all unnecessary fonts and background applications (do you have
>things running next to the clock in the bottom right of the screen?)  Open
>the task list (three finger salute: ctrl+alt+del) and kill all the
>applications except explorer and fruityloops and maybe your sound card
>there are quite a few tutorials and articles out there about tweaking your
>computer for audio stuff.  http://www.computermusic.co.uk is a good place
>hope that helps,

MSN Messenger: converse com os seus amigos online.