[fruityloops] Re: 24-bit samples

  • From: "amit wadhwa" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 12:15:31 -0800

thanks for the replies tim and andy.

im not at my home machine right now, but if my memory serves me right, the
files were uncompressed pcm wav files.  i can play them back from soundforge
without any problem.  however, fruity loops does not preview them and the
wav shape window in the sampler window shows nothing when it is loaded.

i could convert them to 16-bit audio as they are just short drum hits, but
down the road i could see this as a problem.  also, this isn't just a
handful of samples, i've got 2 sample cds worth of wavs (over 1 gig) to

what seems wrong about this whole thing is that the help file specifically
says that if you're sample is something other 16-bit you can use it by
clicking on the resample button.  is this a bug then?

in the meantime, i guess its time to brush up on how to batch process in

thanks again.

btw, i should add that i'm using an echo gina soundcard which DOES support
24-bit audio.