FRTM - Recap: June 21, 2012 Toastmasters Meeting

  • From: "Gary & Bev Wheeler" <wheelergary@xxxxx>
  • To: <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:29:52 -0500

Hello Fellow Toastmasters,

On June 21, 2012, we had Election night for the future officers of our Front
Range Toastmasters Club! What a wonderful evening we had! For those who were
unable to attend last night's meeting for some reason or other, you missed a
great opportunity to hear the spoke person who was nominating New Officers
forour club.

We had a guest last night and we would like to welcome Gary Bell to our club.
Gary found our club on the web site and is interested in improving his speaking
skills. We look forward to seeing Gary next week when we have our "Normal"
toastmaster meeting. This week was a very special election night full of fun
speakers promoting the delegates running for office. We have a toal of 25
members in our group and 18 were present. The speakers presented thoughts as to
why each person running for office should be the nomination of choice. You had
to be there to listen to the great fun we had listening to these very
knowledgeable speakers.

Kathy Barrett our President provided any new business for our members and
guest. Many thanks to Kathy for doing this! Kathy, as everyone knows, made a
difficult decision, to officially drop out of the Presidential Race. Kathy will
certainly be missed as our President! The Toastmaster of the evening was Feliks
Melamed, and he introduced all the speakers nominating their candidates for
office. Ballots were provided to each member present and each member voted and
put their vote in the ballot box.

Ray Pezolt did the table topics for the evening and that topic was "football"
and made for a great conversation around who knew what about the sport. Our
greeting of the evening was Dirk Kittredge, Timer/Joker was done by Lisa Marty,
Ah Counter was (uh) Earl Allen, and David Hassler was our General Evaluator of
the evening.

Collette Smith gave us the Word of the Day to use during the Table Topics. She
provide an excellent word of the day! It was "Asiduous" meaning : industrius,
perservering, careful attention to, diliegent, and constant. Now we member have
another new word to add to our vocabulary. Thanks Colleen for such a great WOD!

Let's all be "Asiduous" and be constant about attending all future meetings.
Stay Connected and see you all next week!

Bev Wheeler