FRTM - Food For Thought... meeting recap: 05/31/2012

  • From: "Lori High" <Lhightop2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 18:13:52 -0600

Good evening Toastmasters!

Thank you to our Toastmaster Pat Haugse for delivering a FUN meeting this
week!  Way to pick up the reigns. and LEAD!

Now we all have Food for Thought.... and more insight to the one of his
favorite things to ponder....  FOOD... He never met a Pizza he didn't like!

MANY of us connected with the theme (quite literally)..as we shared the
Donuts that Detective Haugse shared! He knows ALL the best spots to grab a
donut!

With two guests in attendance... Rumor has it we might have a couple NEW
members real soon!

Think about who in your SOI you might invite to our club.   guests make our
meetings MORE fun. we all have to step up our game and ensure that we
explain who, what, when, where, why, how ..Toastmasters do what we do!
Prepare for your roles.by answering these questions yourself!

Our meeting had a tight timeline with 4 Prepared Speeches...  and Elizabeth
Vidmar hosted a GREAT round of Table Topics relating to FOOD...

The questions were simple ... fun and easy to speak to.  Well done
Elizabeth!   Though the WOD: Neophilia ...proved to be a bit of a challenge
to incorporate...but a good word to add to your vocabulary!

Congratulations to the Winners

Best Table Topics:  Colette (guest) - Colette was asked to describe herself
as a FOOD. She is now known as a Fruit Flan... something light and small...
which she aspires to be herself!

Best Evaluator: Amelia Autrey- delivered an encouraging evaluation
inserting the right amount of constructive feedback  sprinkled with humor to
help Cody grow on his Toastmaster quest.

Best Speaker:  Ray Pezolt - speaking to THE #1 threat to our Electronic
Banking System... Cyberterrorism.  This is a serious & interesting topic ...
Great Job Ray!

*Kathy Barrett the Riveting reviewer shared: "Can I be an Officer?  YES, YOU
can!"    Having been an officer myself I agree with Kathy 100%!   When you
challenge yourself to participate and get involved in the Leadership Team of
the club and you WILL GROW!

Be sure to read the e-mail sent Wednesday by Feliks regarding : Officer
Nominations

                                                         <<<.LET YOUR VOICE
BE HEARD.>>>

We all come to Toastmasters for different reasons, if you are finding
yourself "Comfortable" at the meetings... maybe you're not doing enough to
challenge yourself!  When you step outside your comfort zone... you will
learn new skills and be forever changed!  Remain TEACHABLE,  learn the
Toastmasters process and follow the proven path...Show, Play.Grow!

Stay Connected my friends!

Lori High

Front Range Toastmasters

District 26 E4 & F4 Area Governor