FRTM - Debate tonight

  • From: michael.bray@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:00:08 -0600

My Fellow FRTMs.

I am so proud of our club. We demonstrated to the whole District (26) that
we are gracious hosts, competent speakers (in a debate format), blazed new
trails in TM, and set new and higher standards as Toastmasters. We are
?Ninja?!

As Toastmaster for the Debate, I had to reach beyond and step-out side my
comfort zone from being TM for a typical club meeting. I had to plan
better, work out more details, stand and talk before one the largest
events/groups ever.  Thanks again Dirk for choosing me to be TM. It truly
was awe inspiring to see it all come together like clockwork. Thank you
DTM Dirk for your leadership and coordination in the event.

I was also impressed by the support we got by the many District
Dignitaries and fellow TM Clubs. I believe, of the 58 in attendance, we
had at least good dozen Governors and 20+ different clubs represented at
the meeting. The greatest thing ever was the comradery I felt by being in
a room of so many like minded people-TMs, we should do this more.

Congratulations Earl, Lori, and Bill for all your hard work in defending
your position and winning for our club "The Great Debate Ribbon"!!! WE
HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS. We did raised the bar for us and others for the next
one.

Thank you Danielle for the refreshments!

Congratulations Dirk in achieving the level of Distinguished Toastmaster
(DTM).

Have a great weekend, fellow FRTMs.

Michael
VP PR