FRTM - *Addition to July 19th Meeting Recap

  • From: "Lori High" <Lhightop2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:16:18 -0600

Beth. You have truly captured the intended Spirit of this Recap. GREAT JOB!!

Toastmasters,

Going forward I will be sending the Educational Moment that is shared at the
meeting to Beth for her to include with her Recap.

I hope you find the topics selected to be relevant and helpful.

Ever wonder why Toastmasters are asked to EXPLAIN their role at the meeting?

Each Role is designed to improve the members' public speaking and leadership
skills.

Speaking clearly relies on thinking clearly and being able to get that CLEAR
message out to your audience. There's no better way to develop
critical-thinking skills than by taking on the meeting roles and being able
to clearly articulate the intent of that role to the Audience during the
Role introduction portion of the meeting.

It will help you gain self-confidence and skills that will help you:
academically, professionally and personally.

How do you prepare for your meeting roles?  The tools ARE all there!

The success of each Toastmasters meeting depends on the meeting participants
being prepared for their roles.