[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report ? 2/7/2008

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown46628@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:05:55 -0800 (PST)

:: Need More Volunteers on Thursday

Kevin and I were the Lone Ranger and Tonto, Crocket
and Tubbs (aka Michiana Vice). The Dynamic Duo. Frick
and Frack. Harley and Davidson. Mac and Cheese. You
get my drift.

As a result, we didn't reorganize inventory.

Kevin had started bench work so I did administrative
chores until it was time to clean up tonight's
donations from the floor in the warehouse. Kevin's
shoulder is still not 100% so repeated lifting of
monitors, computers into gaylords and other heavy
items is not recommended. Even so, he helped me do the
clean up.

:: Certificates of Appreciation

There are two simple but devilishly attractive
templates for certificates in /home/guest. One is
signed ?associate? and the other is ?director.? We
should print them and sign them whenever a donor drops
off at the warehouse.

:: Donation

Dan S. dropped off 10 monitors, four computers, a dot
matrix printer and some small items. I'll invoice his
employer.

:: FreeBoxes

Kevin cannibalized and mesmerized boxes all night to
Frankenfacture a few more FreeBoxes. Everything that
can go wrong did. Bad cables and cpus, missing memory
and power supplies, no POST and things which go bump
at night.

:: FWIW Dept.

I upgraded Seamonkey on the VL LTSP server.

If users want the latest Seamonkey, I will reset their
launchers or add a new launcher on their desktops.

Here is the location of the binary.

        /usr/local/seamonkey/bin/seamonkey.

The policy at Vector Linux is historically to never
maintain packages after final release.  Instead,
developers move on to the next release. Users upgrade
packages by either downloading and compiling from
source or upgrading to the newest distro release.

####