[frgeek-michiana] Re: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS installs

  • From: Tony Germano <tony_germano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:53:40 -0500

For the record, I wanted to say that Chuq's solution using virtualbox and
clonezilla is probably the more efficient way to install freeboxes, but I don't
think it aligns as closely with FGM's goal to train and educate volunteers as
having a local mirror of the repositories does. Maybe at some point we can do
both if we really need to start cranking out larger volumes of freeboxes.
Also, not sure if this will work or not, but if we put an entry in the dns
server to point the ubuntu archives to our local server we might not have to
mess with the apt sources on the freeboxes at all. We might run into gpg key
issues, though. I don't really know how they are used with the repositories.
Tony