[frgeek-michiana] OpenVZ instsall - practice round 1

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 16:02:35 -0400

From the Gooselab (remotely):

Thought I'd take a crack at installing OpenVZ on Debian Lenny as a practice round to see how far I could get. I used the following document:

http://wiki.openvz.org/Installation_on_Debian

So far, so good. I made sure I had a fully patched system first (aptitude update - aptitude dist-upgrade) before I added the OpenVZ specific stuff. So far the install has gone quite well. I'm at the point to reboot the server and load an OpenVZ kernel. I've decided to wait til I'm home before trying that in case of problems.

NEXT: Don't forget to boot / attach the CentOS laptop to the network so I can try an CentOS OpenVZ install tomorrow.

Goose