From: Tom Brown [mailto:tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 12:00 PM
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: NetVista 2800s going like hotcakes

If Carl doesn't have any luck with the Intel HaM modem, I will take
orders
for the Sportster modems at CSO. Two for $7 is an OK price. Did you
calculate the shipping?

I ordered twelve (12) 32x CDROM drives at $4.99 each from PC Surplus
Online. Since the order was over $45, shipping and handling was free.

http://w2.pcsurplusonline.com/viewprod.cfm?ID=1656

Since we need to pass the cost of purchases on to our volunteers and
clients, volunteer credits won't apply, only cash. The next two FreeBox
class computers will not have CDROM drives installed. Recipients will
have
to purchase the CDROMs from us at our cost if they want or need them.
But
volunteers can apply credits to the installation and testing of the
CDROMs
and modems.

Does this sound practical and fair?

I wonder if our Indiana recycler contacts (reuse and best practices
committees) can supply us with low cost CDROMs and modems? Would you
check
with them?

Virtual Scavengers once gave us a large box full of CDROMs but most were

broken or otherwise not useful upon testing.

Tom