[frgeek-michiana] Re: GooseLab - SATA Testing

  • From: "Mike Cook" <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:37:08 -0500

I wonder why I couldn't get it to do anything on my system, not even with PowerMax? I wonder if I have another bad MB, or maybe the nvidia sata raid controller just doesn't like the drive. I seem to remember seeing something about Maxtor sata drives and nvidia sata controllers. I figured since the drive originally worked that this drive wasn't affected. hmm... Maybe since the fs was frazzed when the mobo died the drive was left in a state that the nvidia controller couldn't deal with. Looks like I need to do a little more research.

Thanks for all your work, definitely over and above the call of duty.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Zimmerman" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>